Ski & Board
As the „Schönleiten“ gondola is just a few minutes by foot away, skiing fun starts directly at the doorstep. 270 km of slopes, an area extending to Tyrol and 70 modern lifts and gondolas await you.
Those who still can’t get enough should consider going with the Ski Alpin Card. As it offers access to the skiing area of Zell am See as well you get a ticket for three premium skiing regions and 408 km of slopes.
A special tip to prevent getting lost would be to use the new Saalbach App. It’s a very useful tool and it provides free services like online ticketing, weather forecast and GPS tracking.
Skischool & Skirental
The ski school and ski rental Heugenhauser is located directly at the Schönleitenlift and therefore just a few minutes on foot away from the youth hostel. You find lots of attractive offers, excellent instructors and TOP equipment there!
Our tip: Ask also for special group rates for ski courses and/or ski rental!
Who wants to jump higher might also try out one of the special snow parks the Skiing area has to offer:
- „Easypark” in Fieberbrunn (a snowpark for beginners and pros.)
- „Family Park“ in Hinterglemm (offers fun for the whole Family)
- „Freeride Park“ in Leogang (a mix of deep powder snow and freestyle obstacles— absolutely unique!)
- „Learn to Ride“ Park in Saalbach (a special offer for beginners)
- „Nitro Snowpark“ in Leogang (offers an excellent variety of rails and boxes)
- „Funslopes” in Hinterglemm (perfect for all who can not get enough of the „Snow Trails“
- Floodlight slopes in Hinterglemm (Skiing fun does not necessarily have to end in the evening. On Saturdays you can continue skiing until 9:30 pm)
There are several spots for sledding nearby. You should not miss out on this since you can use the sledges of the youth hostel for free.
The most exciting for sure is the 2.3 km night-sledding trail in Hinterglemm (though sledges must be rented since ours are not allowed there).